Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sierra Cruz Sauvignon Blanc 2011, $6.95, Chile: This Chilean Sauvignon Blanc just oozes with bright citrus flavors and a nose of herbs and grass. Stylistically, it is a cross between the herbal, grassy wines so prevalent in Sonoma County and the riper, more fruit forward products of New Zealand. Match it with pasta sauced with arugula, pine nuts, mushrooms and parmesan. I thought this wine was great. I really liked it. It was soft and fresh smelling on the nose with hints of orange and a little lime. On the palate it tasted a but citrusy as well and I did detect a few herbs. It was very smooth and a little grassy at times. I did not have this wine with food. (I also realize this picture is a 2009 and not a 2011, but I can never seem to make the pictures smaller with the ones provided on the scholar site!)


No comments:

Post a Comment