Friday, April 13, 2012

Cantina di Casteggio Moscato di Pavia, $7.95, Italy: This Italian wine is bright, light golden in color. It is very aromatic on the nose with hints of ripe apricots, sage, honey and a slight minerality. It is medium bodied, sweet and fruity with flavors of apricots and tangerine. Well-balanced acidity and medium finish with layers of sweet and citrus fruit. Right off the back, I did notice the color and I thought it was beautiful. The nose was very fresh and fruity. I could smell a little bit of honey and what smelled to me like honeydew and peaches. I am a big fan of Moscato and love the sweetness of them so I really liked this one too. This wine was not overly sweet though which I also appreciated. The palate was smooth and delicious. To me it had hints of orange and pears on the palate. I tried this without food!

No comments:

Post a Comment