Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oveja Negra Syrah-Cab Rosé Reserva, 2010, $6.95, Chile: Oveja Negra Reserva Rosé is bright cherry-red in color and has an attractive nose with aromas of raspberries and strawberries as well as plum and a bit of green apple. Crisp and juicy on the palate with a slight sweetness that accompanies the red fruit flavors. Pleasing natural acidity with medium-high intensity, nice persistence, and a fresh finish. On the nose, I was really looking for the green apple that it said was on the nose in the descriptor. Unfortunately, I could not smell that, but I could smell some of the red fruits coming through and it smelled a little earthy. Overall I thought it was very pleasant. The taste was ok. A little too acidic for my taste and I did not feel like it had a very fresh finish. It kind of tasted like herbs to me, I cannot point out which ones, but it tasted herby and earthy with a little bit of sweetness. I did not like it that much and I did not taste it with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment