Thursday, April 19, 2012

Senda 66 Tempranillo 2008, $8.95, Spain, 90 Points, Robert Parker: “The 2008 Senda 66 spent 8 months in new French oak. Purple/black in color, it sports a fragrant nose of spice box, lavender, blueberry, and blackberry. Smooth-textured, layered, and remarkably rich on the palate for its humble price, this lengthy effort will drink nicely over the next 5-6 years.” The first thing I noticed about this wine was the pretty bottle, I thought it was very nice! I also thought the nose was great and I was very intrigued when I read it had been aged in French oak. I am not a very big fan of Tempranillo, but this one I kind of liked! I definitely could smell a woody fragrance and the color was excellent. I tasted a slight berry taste, kind of like raspberries and blueberries - it was kind of sharp and acidic but also a little sweet. I liked this and did not try it with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment